The Use of FIDIC White Book While Entering into Agreement with the Engineer
This workshop is intended for companies' executives, lawyers, engineers and other experts who participate in the execution of FIDIC model forms based projects which include the engagement of an engineer.
- to advise the attendees of major obligations of the Engineer as well as of main processes and procedures necessary for an executive officer or other authorised person during their co-operation with the Engineer in accordance with Client/Consultant Model Services Agreement developed by the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC);
- to inform about issues and pitfalls, which arise in the territory of Russia during the execution of the above agreements;
- to review matters and case studies, which enable to increase efficiency of co-operation of the Employer's and the Contractor's representatives with the Engineer.
- to advise the attendees of abbreviations, acronyms and concepts applied while entering into and further execution of FIDIC White Book based agreement;
- to introduce overall concept of entering into FIDIC White Book based agreement with the Engineer;
- to inform the attendees about the risks connected with FIDIC White Book based agreements;
- to inform about the matters concerning liability sharing;
- to instruct the attendees as to the correct and proper execution of FIDIC White Book based agreements with the Engineer.
Following the workshop, the attendees will be able:
- to acquire contemporary knowledge and vision connected with the engagement of an independent consulting engineer during the implementation of construction projects;
- to understand the ways of reliable and lawful approach to the agreements under FIDIC White Book conditions;
- to get acquainted with the major techniques of design and further entering into agreements using case studies and individual work.
The duration of this workshop is 16 hrs. (2 days, 8 academic hours each day).
Informative. Case studies include the attendees' cases; we shall review the matters concerning practices of agreement design and the appraisal of agreements submitted by the attendees (such agreements must be emailed to us not later than 3 days prior to commencement).
The workshop fees include handouts, CD with FIDIC White Book clause-by-clause commentaries, coffee and lunch breaks. The attendees will receive the Certificate confirming their participation in our training programme.