The Use of FIDIC Red Book While Entering into Contract Agreements under Current Conditions
This workshop is intended for companies' executives, lawyers, engineers and other experts who participate in development and further appraisal of and entering into contract agreements for building works designed by the employer.
- to advise the attendees of main processes and procedures necessary for an executive officer or other authorised person during the preparation and entering into a contract for construction in accordance with the internationally accepted form for contract agreements for building works designed by the employer, developed by the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC);
- to inform about issues and pitfalls, which arise in the territory of Russia during the execution of the above contracts;
- to review matters and case studies, which enable to increase reliability and economic efficiency of project notwithstanding the adverse conditions.
- to advise the attendees of abbreviations, acronyms and concepts applied while entering into and further execution of FIDIC Red Book based contracts;
- to introduce overall concept of entering into FIDIC Red Book based contract agreement;
- to inform the attendees about the risks connected with FIDIC Red Book based contracts;
- to inform about the matters concerning risk sharing;
- to instruct the attendees as to the correct and proper execution of FIDIC Red Book based contract agreements.
Following the workshop, the attendees will be able:
- to acquire contemporary knowledge and vision connected with entering into contract agreements for building works designed by the employer;
- to understand the ways of reliable and lawful approach under FIDIC Red Book conditions, including those under recessionary circumstances;
- to get acquainted with the major techniques of design and further entering into and the support of contracts using case studies and individual work.
The duration of this workshop is 16 hrs. (2 days, 8 academic hours each day).
Informative. Case studies include the attendees' cases; we shall review the matters concerning practices of contract design and the appraisal of contracts submitted by the attendees (such contracts must be emailed to us not later than 3 days prior to commencement).
The workshop fees include handouts, CD with FIDIC Red Book clause-by-clause commentaries, coffee and lunch breaks. The attendees will receive the Certificate confirming their participation in our training programme.