THE USE OF FIDIC ORANGE BOOK WHEN ENTERING INTO CONSTRUCTION AGREEMENTS
This programme is intended for the chief officers of enterprises and organizations, lawyers, engineers and other professionals participating in the development, execution and expert appraisal of construction agreements on turnkey basis.
The workshop objective:
- to provide insight of the attendees into the main operations and procedures, which are essential for the chief officers or other authorized persons in the course of preparation and execution of a construction agreement based on the international model turnkey construction agreement developed by the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC);
- to reveal certain problems and pitfalls arising in the course of entering into and operating under such contracts in Russia;
- to review practical issues, which enable to increase security and economic effectiveness of the project in the face of adverse and unfavourable factors.
The workshop scope:
- to advise the attendees on abbreviations and concepts being used during the execution and implementation of the contracts based on FIDIC Orange Book;
- to provide overall insight into the matters concerning the execution of the construction agreement based on FIDIC Orange Book;
- to inform the attendees of the risks arising out of the execution of FIDIC Orange Book based contracts as well as to describe the methods of selection of the reliable partners;
- to provide details concerning the distribution of risks;
- to develop the attendees' skills in the field of effective execution of FIDIC Orange Book based construction agreements.
Follwing this workshop the attendees will be able:
- to shape the modern vision of the activities connected with the execution of construction agreements on turnkey basis.
- to understand the methods of reliable and legally valid approach to the FIDIC Orange Book based transactions, including those under crisis conditions.
- to acquire the main techniques of preparation, execution and operation of the contracts by way of case studies and independent work.
Form of training:
Informative, including the attendees' case study, the development of the texts of the contracts, the expert appraisal of the contracts submitted by the attendees (such contracts must be given not later than 3 days prior to the workshop in electronic form).
The fees include the handouts (both printed and electronic), coffee breaks and lunches.
Following the workshop each attendee will obtain the Certificate of Participation.